How to Maintain, Repair, and Improve Your Boat's Essential Systems
by Nigel Calder
Regardless of your skill level, "Boatowner's Mechanical and Electrical Manual" makes boat maintenance and repair fast, fun and easy! Hundreds of tips and techniques for maintaining, troubleshooting and fixing every working part and system on your boat—all clearly explained in step-by-step detail.
- How to make sure your boat's electrical system provides all the power you need.
- Common and little-known tips for keeping your batteries and charging system safe and trouble-free.
- Simple test procedures for grounding circuits on boats.
- Best way to prevent galvanic corrosion on newly installed equipment.
- Easy, reliable way to make sure your inverter can handle peak AC appliance load.
- Often overlooked preventive maintenance for diesel engines. What to do right after start-up, while in use and at regular intervals during the season to ensure years of trouble-free boating.
- 8-point troubleshooting procedure for poor pickup.
- How to replace a transmission output-shaft oil seal. 5 simple steps to stop loss of transmission oil.
- Secret trick for keeping deck hardware fastened tight no matter how excessive the loads. Works every time.
- 7 safety tips for repairing masthead lights and other fixtures on top of the mast.
- and much, much more.
Hardcover. 818 pages, 8.75 x 11 inches. Published 2005 (3rd Edition).